|1-Oct-10 2:00 PM CST|
CPE Activity Announcement - Managing Diabetes Mellitus: An Overview for Pharmacy Technicians
We are pleased to announce an upcoming CPE Activity from NPTA.
Managing Diabetes Mellitus: An Overview for Pharmacy Technicians
Target Audience: Certified Pharmacy Technicians (CPhTs) working in contemporary pharmacy practice settings
Fees: FREE for NPTA Members, $15 for non-members
1. Distinguish between type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus
2. Differentiate disease symptoms and treatments for type 1 versus type 2 diabetes
3. Identify oral and injectable treatments
4. Identify storage requirements for injectable products
5. Identify new products to treat diabetes
6. Recognize the difference between glucose and hemoglobin A1C testing
7. Cite emergency treatment for hypoglycemic reactions
8. Cite long term effects of unmanaged diabetes
To obtain credit for this activity: Participants must read/study the journal article in its entirety, complete and pass the learning assessment quiz with a score of 70% or higher. Participants whom score 69% or below will be notified and permitted to retake the exam one time at no additional charge.
An “Idea in Practice” feature is provided for participants to enhance their educational experience through active learning and an “Idea in Brief” feature is provided for participants to assess their learning.
|For additional information on this article, please contact:|
|Laura Gonzalez-De La Rosa|
|Source: Laura De La Rosa|