The course requirements include:
- 10 Home Study Modules
- 1 Days Hands-On Training
- 5 Process Technique Validations
Participants must meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Successful completion or current enrollment in NPTA's IV Certification Course
- Successful completion of an ACPE-accredited course on sterile products/aseptic technique
40 contact hours or more, including both didactic and hands-on training (documentation required)
- 600 hours (or more) of practical experience in aseptic technique/preparing sterile products over the past twelve months. (documentation and a signed letter of attestation from the pharmacy director required)
>>Complete Learning Objectives
How the Course Works
Participants must complete ten separate modules of home-based learning, comprised of a reading assignment and comprehensive exams. A score of 70% or higher is required for each exam. After completing the home-based study modules, participants attend and complete NPTA’s one-day Hazardous Drugs Training Institute
, located at the NPTA Training Institute
in Houston, Texas.
Home Study Modules
- What are Hazardous Drugs
- ASHP and Other Guidelines
- Receipt, Storage, Labeling & Transport
- Risk Assessment, Controls & Medical Surveillance
- Biological Safety Cabinets
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Aseptic Technique
- Decontamination, Waste Disposal & Spill Control
- Comprehensive Final Exam
Training & Technique Validations
- Aseptic Hand Washing & Garbing
- Decontamination & Deactivation of a BSC
- Hazardous Liquid Vial Manipulations
- Hazardous Powder Vial Manipulation
- Hazardous Ampule Manipulations
Please note: This course is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Rescheduling is subject to a $250 change fee and is based on availability.
Tuition includes: Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs textbook by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, online course content access, one day of hands-on training/validations, lunch/snacks on training day, use of laboratory equipment and supplies, statement of CE credit and an Official Certificate of Validated Training, upon successful completion.
Contact Hours: 20
Home /UAN#: 0384-0000-10-003-H04-T /0384-0000-10-003-H-04-P
Live/UAN#: 0384-0000-10-004-L04-T / 0384-0000-10-004-L-04-P
- This program is valid for continuing education until April 22, 2015, whereas the Certification you will receive from NPTA for successfully completing all components of the course does not expire, nor require renewal.