The course requirements include:
- 9 Home Study Modules
- 2 Days Hands-On Training
- 8 Process Technique Validations
>>Complete Learning Objectives
How the Course Works
Participants must complete nine separate modules of home-based learning, comprised of a reading assignment and comprehensive exam. A score of 70% or higher is required for each exam. After completing the home-based study modules, participants attend and complete NPTA’s two-day Sterile Product Training Institute, located at the NPTA Training Institute in Houston, Texas.
Home Study Modules
- Introduction to Sterile Products
- Facilities, Garb & Equipment
- Aseptic Calculations
- Properties of Sterile Products
- Aseptic Technique
- Sterile Product Preparations
- Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN)
- Quality Control and Assurance
Training & Technique Validations
- Aseptic Hand Washing
- Horizontal Laminar Airflow Hood Care
- Vertical Laminar Airflow Hood Care
- Vial Manipulations
- Ampule Manipulations
- Hazardous Vial Manipulations
- Hazardous Ampule Manipulations
Please note: This course is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Rescheduling is subject to a $250 change fee and is based on availability.
Tuition includes: Two day hands-on training institute, lunch/snacks on both training days, use of laboratory equipment and supplies, statement of CE credit and an Official Certificate of Validated Training, upon successful completion.
40.0 Contact Hours/4.0 CEU
Program Type: Practice
Pharmacy Technicians: 0384-0000-15-003-H04-T/0384-0000-15-004-L04-T
Re-Release Date: 02-03-2015 Expiration Date: 02-13-2018