Top 10 Medication Safety Concerns From 2021 Reported To ISMP
Date: 6/3/2022 - 6/3/2025
|NPTA Elite: Included With Membership||Register
|NPTA CE+: Included With Membership||Register
|NPTA Insider: $6.00||Register
The National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This CPE activity has been designated as a knowledge-based program.
Faculty: The Institute for Safe Medication Practices (ISMP)
Instructional Methods: Independent Self-Study + Post-Test
Disclosures: The CE faculty, reviewers and planning committee members have all reported no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this program. This program received no commercial support and has been peer-reviewed to ensure non-commercialization.
Target Audience: Pharmacy Technicians
Goals & Objectives:
Upon completion of this course, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians will be able to:
- List the top 10 medication safety concerns from 2021.
- Identify ways to mitigate and prevent errors.
- Differentiate between Covid vaccines and other vaccines/injections.
- Name the agencies to whom vaccine errors are to be reported.
- Explain proper labeling techniques for injections and infusions.
- Recognize the importance of Medication Safety Officer.
- Cite best practices for error reporting.
Release Date: 06/03/2022Expiration Date: 06/03/2025