Pharmacy Professionals Role in the Use of Non-Prescription Drugs
Date: 1/17/2023 - 1/17/2026
|NPTA Elite Membership: INCLUDED IN MEMBERSHIP||Register
|NPTA CE Plus Membership: INCLUDED IN MEMBERSHIP||Register
|NPTA Insiders/Non-Members: $12.50||Register
Contact Hours: 3.0
ACPE UAN: 0384-9999-23-002-H99-T
The National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
This CPE activity has been designated as a knowledge-based program.
Target Audience: Pharmacy Technicians
Goals & Objectives:
At the completion of this activity participants should be able to:
- Discuss the expanding definition of self-care.
- List the elements in the full spectrum of self-care.
- Describe the seven pillars of self-care.
- List the five core elements of the Pharmacist Patient Care Process (PPCP).
- Use the Pharmacist Patient Care Process (PPCP) as it applies to self-care.
- List the necessary components to obtain when taking a patients health history.
- Set goals of therapy that are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely.
- Outline the six steps for implementing a self-care plan.
- List the components of the QuEST/SCHOLAR-MAC process.
- Recognize why the QuEST/SCHOLAR-MAC process is an accurate and efficient tool for pharmacists to use in the self-care process.
- Recognize how the QuEST/SCHOLAR-MAC and the PPCP are inter-related.
- Apply the QuEST/SCHOLAR-MAC and the PPCP process to recommend appropriate self-care to a patient with vulvovaginal candidiasis (VVC).
- Apply the QuEST/SCHOLAR-MAC and the PPCP process to recommend appropriate self-care to a patient with seasonal allergic rhinitis.
- List the advantages of self-care to society
Release Date: 01/17/2023
Expiration Date: 01/17/2026