Working with LGBTQ Patients in Healthcare Settings
Date: 5/30/2019 - 5/30/2022
|NPTA Elite: Included with membership.||Register
|NPTA CE+: Included with membership.||Register
|NPTA Insider: $10.00||Register
Contact Hours: 2.0
ACPE UAN: 0384-9999-19-108-H04-T
The National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for
Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Target Audience: Certified Pharmacy Technicians
This CPE activity has been designated as a knowledge-based program.
Author: Phillip Gregory Pharm D
Faculty Disclosures/Conflicts of Interest: Author declared no conflict of interest and all information is provided fairly and without bias. Author received no commercial/financial support for this activity and do not approve or endorse any commercial products displayed.
Goals & Objectives:
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss common terms and language of sexual and gender identity of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer (LGBTQ) community.
- Discuss the ways to create a welcoming clinical environment for LGBTQ patients.
- Identify barriers to care faced by the LGBTQ community.
- Discuss additional considerations for creating an inclusive and welcoming pharmacy.
- List communication strategies to improve culturally competent care of LGBTQ patients within your practice.
Release Date: 05/30/2019
Expiration Date: 05/30/2022