Management of Chemotherapy Induced Nausea and Vomiting
Date: 10/9/2019 - 10/9/2022
|NPTA Elite: Included With Membership||Register
|NPTA CE+: Included With Membership||Register
|NPTA Insider: $10.00||Register
Contact Hours: 2.0
ACPE UAN: 0384-9999-19-114-H01-T
The National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for
Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Target Audience: Certified Pharmacy Technicians
This CPE activity has been designated as a knowledge-based program.
Author: Thao K. Huynh PharmD BCOP
Faculty Disclosures/Conflicts of Interest: Author declared no conflict of interest and all information is provided fairly and without bias. Author received no commercial/financial support for this activity and do not approve or endorse any commercial products displayed.
Goals & Objectives:
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the different types of chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting (acute, delayed, breakthrough, refractory).
- List the risk factors for chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting (CINV).
- Design antiemetic regimens based on the emetic risk of chemotherapy.
- List the pharmacologic agents used for the prevention of CINV.
- Describe the management of breakthrough CINV.
- Discuss non-pharmacologic management of CINV.
Release Date: 10/09/2019Expiration Date: 10/09/2022