Overview of Immunotherapy in Cancer
Date: 9/13/2019 - 9/13/2022
|NPTA Elite: Included With Membership||Register
|NPTA CE+: Included With Membership||Register
|NPTA Insider: $10.00||Register
Contact Hours: 2.0
ACPE UAN: 0384-9999-19-113-H04-T
The National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for
Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Target Audience: Certified Pharmacy Technicians
This CPE activity has been designated as a knowledge-based program.
Author: Thao K. Huynh PharmD BCOP
Faculty Disclosures/Conflicts of Interest: Author declared no conflict of interest and all information is provided fairly and without bias. Author received no commercial/financial support for this activity and do not approve or endorse any commercial products displayed.
Goals & Objectives:
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- List the different types of immunotherapy and its therapeutic agents.
- Describe the mechanism of immune checkpoint inhibitors.
- Discuss the administration of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy.
- Describe the adverse events of high dose interleukin 2 therapy and discharge patient counseling.
- List the major advantage and disadvantage of sipuleucel-T therapy.
- Describe the administration of talimogene laherparepvec therapy.
- Discuss the future of immunotherapy.
Release Date: 09/13/2019
Expiration Date: 09/13/2022