Date: 7/22/2019 - 7/22/2022
|NPTA Elite: Included With Membership||Register
|NPTA CE+: Included With Membership||Register
|NPTA Insider: $10.00||Register
Contact Hours: 2.0
ACPE UAN: 0384-9999-19-110-H04-T
The National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for
Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Target Audience: Certified Pharmacy Technicians
This CPE activity has been designated as a knowledge-based program.
Author: Jennifer Gersham Pharm D
Faculty Disclosures/Conflicts of Interest: Author declared no conflict of interest and all information is provided fairly and without bias. Author received no commercial/financial support for this activity and do not approve or endorse any commercial products displayed.
Goals & Objectives:
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
Define human trafficking.
- Identify the forms of human trafficking.
- Recognize factors associated with greater risk of being a victim of human trafficking.
- Identify indicators that contribute to human trafficking.
- Identify risk factors and behavioral indicators for labor trafficking.
- Identify risk factors and behavioral indicators for sex trafficking.
- Identify a victim of human trafficking in a healthcare setting.
- Explain the psychological, health, and social consequences of human trafficking.
- Discuss interviewing strategies to assess and identify victims and promote the ethical treatment of trafficking victims.
- Describes procedures for sharing information related to human trafficking with a patient.
- Describe various educational, prevention, mental health, legal, social services interventions and recourses targeted to human trafficking victims.
- Discuss ways to report victims/cases of human trafficking.
Expiration Date: 07/22/2022