Drug Induced Liver Injury
Date: 3/29/2019 - 3/29/2022
|NPTA Elite Member: Included with membership.||Register
|NPTA CE+ Member: Included with membership.||Register
|NPTA Insider: $12.50||Register
Contact Hours: 3.0
ACPE UAN: 0384-9999-19-105-H01-T
The National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for
Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Target Audience: Certified Pharmacy Technicians
This CPE activity has been designated as a knowledge-based program.
Author: Jennifer Gersham Pharm D
Faculty Disclosures/Conflicts of Interest: Author declared no conflict of interest and all information is provided fairly and without bias. Author received no commercial/financial support for this activity and do not approve or endorse any commercial products displayed.
Goals & Objectives:
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Review the morbidity/mortality due to drug related liver injury (DILI)
- Identify common drugs known to damage the liver
- Identify the risk factors for DILI
- Review the pathophysiology and mechanisms of DILI
- Describe the stages of drug metabolism
- Review factors influencing drug metabolism
- Review the cellular mechanisms of hepatotoxicity
- Discuss drug toxicity mechanisms
- Describe the clinical presentation of DILI
- List common clinical tools and diagnostics used in diagnosis of DILI
- Differentiate between DILI and Non-DILI and causes of non-DILI
- Discuss treatments for both DILI and Non-DILI
- Discuss prevention strategies for patients and caregivers.
Release Date: 03/29/2019
Expiration Date: 03/29/2022