An Overview of Medical Marijuana and Cannabis
Date: 9/8/2020 - 9/8/2023
Contact Hours: 3.0
ACPE UAN: 0384-9999-20-107-H01-T
The National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Target Audience: Certified Pharmacy Technicians
Biologix Solutions LLC is approved as a Joint Provider of continuing pharmacy education by NPTA.
This CPE activity has been designated as a knowledge-based program.
Author: Stacey Schneider, Pharm D
Faculty Disclosures/Conflicts of Interest: Author declared no conflict of interest and all information is provided fairly and without bias. Author received no commercial/financial support for this activity and do not approve or endorse any commercial products displayed.
Goals & Objectives:
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Define Medical Marijuana
- Define Cannabinoids
- Distinguish between CBD and THC
- Recognize what is meant by the term synthetic cannabinoids
- Describe the differences between state versus federal perspective on legal issues surrounding medical marijuana
- Discuss the necessity of a pharmacists’ role at the dispensary level of medical marijuana
- Describe the difference between medical versus recreational use of marijuana
- Describe the pharmacology of marijuana
- List the indications for medical marijuana
- Describe the different dosage forms of cannabis
- List the adverse effects of medical marijuana
- Recognize drug interactions with medical marijuana
- Discuss the detection of marijuana in blood, urine, hair, and saliva
Release Date: 09/08/2020
Expiration Date: 09/08/2023