Stroke Prevention and Treatment
Date: 9/28/2021 - 9/28/2024
|NPTA Elite: INCLUDED IN MEMBERSHIP||Register
|NPTA CE+: INCLUDED IN MEMBERSHIP||Register
|NPTA Insider: $15.00||Register
Contact Hours: 4.0
ACPE UAN: 0384-9999-21-042-H04-T
The National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Author: Elvia Sellountos, Pharm D, RPh.
This CPE activity has been designated as a knowledge-based programGoals & Objectives:
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Define stroke, otherwise known as cerebrovascular accident, and discuss its pathophysiology.
- Describe the various types of strokes based on their cause.
- Name the different stroke risk factors, modifiable and nonmodifiable.
- Examine the role of genetics as a risk factor for stroke.
- Recognize the prevalence of stroke in the United States.
- Identify stroke symptoms and know the 5 warning signs of a stroke.
- Explain how to apply the F.A.S.T test to quickly assess a stroke.
- Distinguish the different diagnostic methods used for stroke.
- List the treatment options available for strokes, depending on the type of stroke.
- Examine the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association acute care stroke guidelines.
- Recognize the elements that are involved in post stroke care and rehabilitation.
- Identify the different post stroke recovery stages outlined by the Brunnstrom Approach.
- Evaluate the incidence of recurrent stroke in patients with history of stroke.
- Describe the contributions of the American Stroke Association in stroke education and prevention.
- Outline the different methods of stroke prevention including healthy behaviors andOutline the different methods of stroke prevention including healthy behaviors and managing chronic diseases like blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease.managing chronic diseases like blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Review the types of stroke disease screenings available. Review the types of stroke disease screenings available.
- Discuss approaches to improve therapeutic outcomes of stroke patients through Discuss approaches to improve therapeutic outcomes of stroke patients through enhanced interprofessional collaboration. enhanced interprofessional collaboration.
Release Date: 09/28/2021
Expiration Date: 09/28/2024