Non-Sterile Compounding Certification Course
There are many opportunities for further certifications and training that will advance your career and give you a better advantage, with job opportunities as well as salary boosts even after you become a certified pharmacy technician.
You’re in luck because our Non-Sterile Compounding certification course can give you those opportunities!
Non-Sterile Compounding Certification is a very rewarding field as you work to help customers in a specialized environment through highly detailed problem-solving.
A Quick Overview of Our Course
Our Non-Sterile Compounding Certification Course, which was previously called the Compounding Certification Course, is ACPE-accredited. Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education accreditation commands a high level of respect and ensures that your future employers accept your training. It also helps ensure that the course will count toward prerequisites for any future training you choose to pursue.
This course can appeal to those in a range of pharmacy-related positions, including:
- Certified Pharmacy Technicians
- Pharmacy Technician Students
- Pharmacy Technicians
There are no major prerequisites, which should attract individuals in all experience levels, including certified and non-certified pharmacy technicians.
Our Non-Sterile Compounding Certification Course is designed to cover all of the information you will need for skill as a pharmacy technician, including USP 795. The at-home modules begin with an introduction to compounding and compounding practices and considerations.
Other topics include:
- Quality Assurance
- Record Keeping
- Equipment and Supplies
- Tablets and Powders
- Nasal Preparations
- Veterinary Compounding
- Medication Flavoring
During the hands-on training you will gain experience in:
- Gelatin Troches
- Carbomer Gels
- Lip Balms
- PEG Troches
- PLO Gels
- Medicated Lollipops
- Tablet Triturates
- Coloring and Flavoring
- Record Keeping
- Quality Assurance Methods
Our course combines didactic learning with hands-on training and skill validation.
You will begin by:
- Completing 10 modules of home-based learning
- Each module features reading assignments, along with comprehensive exams
- Receiving at least 70 percent on each of the exams
Upon finishing the at-home study modules, your training continues at our Pharmaceutical Compounding Training Institute, which is in our NPTA Training Institute in Houston. This training will cover two days.
There are also small class structures. With small classes, you will be given a personal and better learning environment to help you be as successful as possible.
During the hands-on training, you will receive lunch and snacks. We will provide the lab equipment and supplies.
The course textbook will be “Compounding” by Mike Johnston, CPhT.
After the Course
Upon completion of the course, you will receive:
- An Official Certificate of Validated Training
- A statement of your CE (continuing education) credit
The course CPE credits count as 40 contact hours and 4 CEU.
Because all of our courses have ACPE Accreditation:
- You should have no problem applying credits toward your continuing education requirements for renewing your CPhT Certification
- Potential problems with your employer will not arise, as they will recognize that the course provided you with the necessary skills and knowledge
Every CPhT chooses to take a slightly different path following completion of our non-sterile compounding certification course:
- You can focus on maintaining your newly acquired skills and enjoy the ability to expand your skillset, which in turn, can improve your skillset in responsibilities, salary, and value as an employee
- You can also choose a different path as part of your continuing education to prepare for an eventual transition to a supervisory role or to become a pharmacist. Many pharmacy technicians choose to supplement this course with our other courses, such as the sterile compounding certification course and the hazardous compounding certification course
Learn more about our non-sterile compounding certification course and register to take your career as a CPhT to the next level.