Pain Management: What You Need to Know & Want to Know
Date: 5/20/2022 - 5/20/2025
|NPTA Elite: INCLUDED IN MEMBERSHIP||Register
|NPTA CE+: INCLUDED IN MEMBERSHIP||Register
|NPTA Insider: $10.00||Register
Contact Hours: 2.0
ACPE UAN: 0384-0000-22-902-H08-T
The National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for
Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Mark Garofoli, PharmD, MBA, BCGP, CPE, CTTS
Activity Type: Knowledge-Based Home Study
Target Audience: Certified Pharmacy Technicians
This CPE activity has been designated as a knowledge-based program.
Goals & Objectives:
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the etiology and epidemiology of chronic pain.
- Recall common non-pharmacological and pharmacological pain treatment options.
- Explain the best practices in pain management, including common risk reduction strategies.
- Calculate Morphine Milligram Equivalent (MME) dosages for common prescription opioid medications.
- Confirm the validity of a prescriber’s DEA number.
- Recall common DEA “Red Flags” for controlled substance prescribing and dispensing.
Release Date: 05/20/2022
Expiration Date: 05/20/2025