Mental Health Awareness in the Pharmacy
Date: 5/3/2021 - 5/3/2024
|NPTA Elite: Included With Membership||Register
|NPTA CE+: Included With Membership||Register
|NPTA Insider: $12.50||Register
Contact Hours: 3.0
ACPE UAN: 0384-9999-21-103-H04-T
The National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for
Pharmacy Education (ACPE) as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Target Audience: Certified Pharmacy Technicians
This CPE activity has been designated as a knowledge-based program.
Author: Elvia Sellountos, Pharm D, RPh.
Faculty Disclosures/Conflicts of Interest: Author declared no conflict of interest and all information is provided fairly and without bias. Author received no commercial/financial support for this activity and do not approve or endorse any commercial products displayed.
Goals & Objectives:
At the completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Define what is meant by mental health.
- Describe the importance of mental health awareness to mental illness.
- Recognize the serious harm with stereotyping and ignoring mental illness.
- List the most prevalent mental disorders in the United States according to the National Institute of Health (NIH).
- Identify the signs and symptoms of the most common mental disorders.
- Discuss the treatment options for the most prevalent mental health disorders.
- Describe the general warning signs of declining mental health.
- Explain tools and action plans designed to help identify and approach those with diminishing mental health.
- Describe what is Mental Health First Aid.
- Identify the role of the pharmacist in Mental Health First Aid.
- Define ALGEE, the Mental Health First Aid Action Plan.
- Recognize what the pharmacy team can do in support of Mental Health.
- List the type of mental health professionals and mental facilities available for patient referral.
- List mental health organizations accessible for help.
- Discuss strategies for the management of psychotropic pharmacotherapy.
- Name the different ways a pharmacist can participate in Mental Health Awareness.
- Review the expectations for a Mental Health First Aid responder.
Release Date: 05/03/2021
Expiration Date: 05/03/2024