The Hazardous Drug Management Certification offers you the opportunity to enhance your knowledge on the requirements for managing hazardous drugs as well as showing that you are prepared to help ensure the safety of the facility.
Earning your certification will show your competency in:
- Features and characteristics of facilities and engineering controls
- Processes and procedures for cleaning facilities where hazardous drugs are handled
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
- Procedures for transporting, receiving, and handling hazardous medications
- Dispensing final dosage forms
- Federal regulations pertaining to the disposal of hazardous drugs
To learn more about NPTA’s related training programs, such as the Immunization Administration, click here.
The National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing education. This CPE activity has been designated as a knowledge-based program. No faculty members had any conflicts of interest to disclose.
ACPE UAN: 0384-9999-20-002-H04-T
4 contact hours/ 0.4 CEU
Release Date: 10-01-2020 Expiration Date: 10-01-2023